Thursday, June 10, 2010

Well, It's Not The First Time This Has Happened....

.....and it probably won't be the last.

I received 2 emails this evening from members of the 'Society Of The Unknown' in reference to their investigation. I'm not going to start pointing fingers....only that I'll let you make up your own minds. Again, here's the link to the the post Missouri Ghost Hunters Encounter Possible Non-Spiritual Entity...Lon




(1ST EMAIL)

I need to inform your organization that the UFO photo that was submitted by Society Of The Unknown is in all true reality a flower basket! Yes that's right...a flower basket!! A co worker told me his wife said it looked like a flower basket. We talked about the possibility and I went back and reviewed my photos. Much to my surprise I found 2 photos that have a flower basket turned on its side and it is identical to the UFO photo that I took. One photo is taken a few days later during the day and the other photo is a night shot taken the same night as the UFO photo. I will submit all three photos together to be examined and everyone will see it is a flower basket and not a UFO. Additionally one of my team members submitted to your organization some photos that had a red hue around them. She ASSUMED that it was an alien or ghost that was mimicking us or shadowing us. She is completely incorrect! The photos with the red hue around us was a result of me experimenting with an infrared attachment on the camera and using the flash and night scene mode all at the same time. I asked her to not show these photos until it was determined how they came about. I must apologize to your organization and your readers for any poor judgment on my organizations part and I mean it when I say there was no intent to deceive anyone.Please except my sincerest apologies. I guess this can be taken as lesson well learned. I was thoroughly convinced I had captured a photo of a UFO. Again make sure you and your readers view the photos.

Lorin Beach
Founder/President
Society Of The Unknown

***********
(2ND EMAIL)

Please disregard the Missouri ghost hunters story.

Sometimes we want something to be real so bad that in our minds we will believe everything we read, see, or hear. Especially if it is about the paranormal. I guess the mystery is solved. I am glad we caught the cause before this thing got any more in the media. I guess this is why I wanted the photos to remain and sent only to mufon at first. So we could rule any of this out. Please forgive us for jumping the gun.

I got this in email from Lorin tonight………

Some how the camera superimposed this flower basket in the trees! I guess this means the camera is screwed royally?!?!?!?!? Break the news to everyone as fast as you can. Send this photo to MUFON and tell them to publish it so no one will think we tried a hoax. I have to tell you I have debunked the UFO theory. A coworker said it looked like a basket of flowers superimposed in the tree. I went through my photos and found a basket of flowers laying on it's side in the same corner of the cemetery where the photo was taken. It looks identical to the basket of flowers. We didn't mean to cause a stir. I actually though it was a UFO! I guess there is something wrong with the camera I used. Enclosed you will find a copy of the basket during the day and a copy during the night. I will be standing next to the basket. Disregard the red hue around me as I was experimenting with an infrared light when that photo was taken.

Heather




NOTE: the only thing I'm going to say is that investigators need to look carefully at their 'evidence' before making it public. I am going to assume that this is simply a case of 'jumping the gun'....let's just hope that, for their sake, Society of the Unknown hasn't 'jumped the shark'. I do appreciate the fact that they did contact us ASAP and, for that, I thank them...Lon

Well, It's Not The First Time This Has Happened....