Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Giant Ferris Wheel in the Sky!"

Sept. 3, 2007 - Surbiton residents were baffled to see mysterious lights in the sky last night.

At least a dozen people have reported seeing about 12 lights in the shape of a ferris wheel adorn the sky last night.

No definite explanation has yet been given of the extradordinary light formation, leaving the star gazers scratching their heads as to what could have caused it.

What follows is an eyewitness account:

I am near Penzance, Cornwall, U. K. I took this with my Panasonic lumix dmc-fz50 non slr type camera, enhanced it as best I could, I got the original, be good to have it analyzed? It looks red in the original, but I saw, with my naked eye, red, white, blue, yellow, orange and green.
There has been a lot of unusual helicopter activity... although Culdrose is nearby, (largest helicopter base in Europe), they were circling the area a lot. (maybe they lost their lanterns and were searching for them.

As well as tether type sightings, which I photographed, we have witnessed orange (probes) lights, they were in the local paper ,they used the lanterns excuse. Also smaller craft with red and blue lights that moved like the one by the space station in the June 19 Shuttle undock footage.


Penzance, Cornwall, U.K.

Other eyewitness acounts:

I did e mail my comments Sunday morning (2nd) but think i did it wrong (still a novice on the computer). Friday night about 10.00p.m. I was in the garden, we have a road alongside our garden with a terrace of cottages across this road (west) to one side and open skies across gardens the other (east). I noticed a bright light high in the sky appear over the cottages and thinking it was a plane stood and watched, noticing others following close behind realised they were too close for planes and there was no noise - yet I frequently watch planes and even when they are in the distance they can be heard. These lights began appearing over the rooves of the cottages quite close behind each other but spread across the sky and quite high up and went high across our house. I realised my husband would think I was balmy if I were to tell him so ran indoors where he was sound asleep on the sofa, I shook him and got him outside and we both watched in the garden as the lights still appeared from the west over the cottages towards the east and disappearing into the clouds in the far distance. This went on for at least 5 minutes in all and I would think about 50 to 60 lights and two of them seemed to 'play' with each other - darting across and overtaking. It was quite spooky being silent and so many of them. My husband, who would have thought I was crackers had he not seen them, was as mystified as myself.

I would like to think there was an explanation for this and would feel happier if there were. I did phone Epsom Police about 11.15 (after watching the London news) to see if any other reports had been received and initially I think they thought I had come out the pub! but after a serious conversation they logged my details. My husband also said that on Saturday a few phone calls were made to Radio Jackie from people who had also witnessed this happening. Any answers. Laysers have been suggested, but surely these would not have drifted into the clouds until the last one disappeared but would have suddenly 'gone out'. If you have any answers please let us know.

Linda Hope, West Ewell


I saw the same thing!! i am still freaked out to be honest, and also excited to see that i was not seeing things. i was in the garden at my mums in epsom at 10pm and saw what looked like 3 planes in formation, i called my mum out to see and all of a sudden another two in perfect line came out of nowhere. We thought it could be micro lites or something but at 10pm?? we stood and watched and in total saw approx 20 lights come over. all seemed to be in some sort of formation with each other. yet as quickly as they seemed to appear from no where they dissapeared again in to nothing this was 10.05. Please can some one say if they have an idea what these were as i so far can not find a reasonable explanation and am really intrigued.

Lisa, Epsom


My son called me to tell me there were some strange lights in the sky. This was around 10pm on Friday, August 31st. I looked out of the window and saw what looked like a formation of orange aeroplanes in the sky going past my window. I looked to my right where they were originating from and they seemed to be coming up from the ground one after another like bubbles being blown. They were coming from a fair distance away and they "flew" across the sky over Stoneleigh/Ewell and we watched each one reach a spot in the sky and then disappear. They just faded into the sky. We realised that they were too close together to be aeroplanes and at first I thought they may have been the army or police. They all followed the same path and appeared as orange lights and crosses that pulsated. It was quite scary as it was an unusual sight to see. I didn't count how many there were and they definitely were not air balloons which would have drifted in different directions. They didn't seem to make any noise as helicopters do when flying past. I wondered if someone had set these lights off in memory of Princess Diana being her 10th anniversary. But my son and I can't explain these lights as they don't seem to be physical and were just lights. It's frustrating not knowing what they were and not anyone coming forward to say if they had anything to do with them.

Susan Stroud-Bury, Stoneleigh, Surrey