Monday, May 2, 2011

Fortean / Alternative News: Ontario Alien Abduction, Chinese Factory Suicides and Air France Black Box Found

Sonic boom and UFO sighting...then abducted

MUFON CMS - Ontario, Canada - 6/1/1990 - unedited: I am writing about an event that I can remember parts of but I think nobody else remembers or M.I.B paid a visit and said not to remember.

I think I was around 12 years old and was visiting my grandparents in the summer on a Sunday..... I still live in the area where it took place too so the memory of what I can remember is clear. We were sitting around talking and suddenly I remember hearing a sonic boom, at the time (1990) nobody knew what a sonic boom was so we all ran outside to see a U.F.O hovering over a building across the street, my friend and I were told to stay inside but ran out anyway. The next thing I remember was my friend was gone already and I was being lifted off the ground and taken into the craft at that time I grabbed a branch and was holding on to prevent being taken, I remember looking down and seeing my grandmother with a knife or something trying to rescue me and then the cops and fire showed up and I was just out of reach.... The next thing I remember is standing next to my friend and we were both naked looking out a big window and next to us was a gray big eye alien as described on T.V. by hundreds of people. They used telepathic communication to tell me that I was a special person and their intent seemed to be that of piece and we were looking down at the earth as they said this. The next thing I only just now remembered is that they may have put a long needle in my head just under my nose above my lip deep into my head but not sure as memories keep coming up over the years. After that I remember being on the ground again and hearing another sonic boom to turn around and see 3 lights far off in the distance, in the shape of a triangle, red green and blue. We ran into the house and at the time only remembered hearing the first sonic boom running out and looking up after hearing the second and when we ran back in my family said we were gone a long time (a few hours) and they had to call the police. I never saw the police after I came back in the house but later I do remember them being there during the event. I asked my family about it years later and they just look away or say they don't remember but it seems like they may not be telling me the truth.... years later I was in my 20's and this is a little bit funny but true, I was in bed and had just bought a cardboard standie that day at a collectors shop and it was Nelix on Star Trek Voyager...... that night as I slept I woke up scared and frozen, my arms felt like I had handcuffs on and my legs were also feeling that way but I could not see anything and could not move.... I was on my side in the fetal position and facing the wall, I turned my head just enough that I could see behind me out of the corner of my eye and I could see the standie almost in the middle of the room but moving near me and as it got closer it would stop and a gray big eye head would pop out from behind it as if to see how close it was and when it was right near me the next thing I remember it was morning again. I know this sounds like a Bugs Bunny cartoon with someone sneaking up to someone else with a fake bush or whatever but it's true as I remember it. One more thing.... as some people have burn marks or evidence of some sort I as well have something that I think may have been a result of visiting them. I now have physic powers they may have made me physic... no bullshit, I have dreams that later come true, I also found some videos online about remote viewing and can do that well. I have also made predictions and have seen things in my mind that I think may be going on at area 51. I need help from someone who will not think I am crazy I am ready to tell my story. I wrote to you before about 5 boys who each have 5 fathers on a desert road and sent you a generated picture of what I once saw. This is the tip of the iceberg, you can contact me for more info...... if you want to.

**********

Pope John Paul II beatified in Vatican ceremony

The late Pope, John Paul II, has been officially beatified at a ceremony at the Vatican in front of hundreds of thousands of Catholic faithful.

Among those at St Peter’s Square is French nun Marie Simon-Pierre, who says she was cured of Parkinson’s Disease.

Her apparently miraculous cure is part of the case for the beatification, the last stage before sainthood.

It comes amid criticism of the Church for the speed of the beatification and the clerical child sex abuse scandal.

Much of the abuse occurred while John Paul II was Pope, from 1979-2005, and the Church has been criticised for not doing enough to punish those found responsible.

Police in Rome estimated that one million people had come to the city for the event, including large numbers of pilgrims from the late Pope’s native Poland.

**********

Air France Rio-Paris flight black box found

adelaidenow - Search teams have retrieved one of two black box flight recorders of an Air France plane that crashed into the Atlantic while on a Rio-Paris flight in 2009.

The investigation team located and identified the memory unit from the Flight Data Recorder (FDR) this morning, said France's Bureau of Investigation and Analysis (BEA), which has been tasked with probing the disaster which killed 228 people.

In a statement, the agency added that the device was "in good physical condition" after it was raised and lifted by the Remora 6000 ROV (robot submarine) on board the ship Ile de Sein.

"At this stage, the box seems to be in good physical condition. Our experts will tell us if there's hope to read the data," said BEA director Jean-Paul Troadec.

"If the data can be used it will allow the inquiry to make headway because the FDR (flight data recorder) records the altitude, speed, and the various positions of the rudder," Mr Troadec added.

The device was expected to arrive at BEA offices within eight to 10 days, to allow for the search of the flight deck voice recorder, so the two can be taken back to France.

Investigators announced last Wednesday that search teams had retrieved part of a black box flight recorder from the Airbus A330 but not the part containing the key data.

BEA said the chassis that held one of the recorders was found a day after a salvage ship began working to retrieve bodies and recently discovered wreckage using the Remora submarines.

The Airbus A330 plunged into the Atlantic en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris on June 1, 2009. Investigators announced they had found the main wreckage in early April on the fourth and final attempt.

The official cause of the disaster remains uncertain, but the crash has been partly blamed on malfunctioning speed sensors used by Airbus, with Air France accused of not responding quickly enough to reports that they might be faulty.

But investigators and Airbus remain cautious, stressing that without the black boxes the riddle of the plane's last moments may never be solved.

The Ile de Sein, equipped with the underwater robot and a massive crane to bring up parts of the plane weighing several tonnes, such as the engines, had sailed from Dakar, Senegal, after taking on extra crew members for the operation.

Alan Bouillard, the BEA official in charge of the probe, had said the team faced "a real challenge".

"We will be working at a depth of 4000 metres, which complicates the recovery task enormously," he said.

French Transport Minister Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet said some bodies had been seen in the remains of the cabin, photographed by the robot submarines.

Previous searches had recovered a limited amount of wreckage and about 50 bodies.

Air France and Airbus - which are being probed for alleged manslaughter in connection with the crash, the deadliest in the carrier's history - are paying the estimated $US12.7 million ($11.64 million) cost of the search.

**********

Group of deaf, mute friends stabbed at bar after thug mistakes sign language for gang signs

A group of deaf friends were stabbed at a bar in Florida after a woman mistook their sign language for gang signs.

Alfred Stewart, 31, was partying at the Ocean's Eleven Lounge in Hallendale Beach, Fla., with some friends who were also deaf on Saturday night when the group's signing caught the eye of gang-banger Barbara Lee.

The 45-year-old Lee though the group was throwing gang signs at her, and responded by flashing gang signs back at them, cops said.

The group motioned for her to leave them alone.

Eventually, Lee left the bar but returned with two members of her crew, 19-year-old Marco Ibanez and a 17-year-old who was not identified, cops said.

Ibanez allegedly pulled a knife and began stabbing Stewart and his friends.

Stewart and three of his friends were taken to a hospital and treated for stab wounds.

A bouncer at the bar who had a bottle smashed over his head in the melee was also taken to the hospital. None of the injuries were life-threatening, officials said.

Lee, Ibanez and the 17-year-old were arrested and charged with aggravated battery.

Stewart's mother, Brenda, said there was no way her son was making gang signs.

"Only sign language," she told WSVN television. "That's the only way all of them, they do sign language." - nydailynews

**********

Workers in Apple factory forced to sign suicide agreement

people.co.uk - Factories making Apple iPhones and iPads forced staff to sign pledges not to commit suicide before they were taken on.

At least 14 workers at Apples Chinese supplier Foxconn have killed themselves in 16 months.

And more have either survived suicide bids or were stopped from trying at plants in Chengdu and Shenzhen.

One executive accused victims of doing it to win compensation payouts for grieving relatives.

And in the aftermath of the tragedies, staff seeking jobs at the giant factories were ordered to make written promises not to follow suit.

They even had to vow that if they did, their families would not claim more than the legal minimum in damages.

The wave of suicides came as worldwide demand for iPhones and iPads rocketed, forcing staff to put in up to 98 hours of overtime a month almost three times the limit in Chinese law.

Foxconn insist they had to break the law to hit targets, even though excessive overtime is banned by international law and Apples own code of conduct.

The computer giant founded by Steve Jobs netted s3.5billion profit in the first quarter of this year alone.

But the basic pay for Chinese workers is as little as s5 a day.

Staff claim they are publicly humiliated if they complain or break strict company rules.

Some are even made to clean toilets as punishment.

They are banned from talking at work, have to stand up for their entire 12-hour shifts and are made to do military marching drills.

Half a million Chinese many of them teenagers and even kids work at the factories.

They sleep in high-rise dormitory blocks where hair-driers and kettles are outlawed.
ipad factory suicide article

One man who broke the rule had to write in a letter: It is my fault. I will never blow my hair inside my room. I have done something wrong. I will never do it again.

Most of the suicides have involved staff leaping off the dormitory blocks. Bosses have now rigged up nets on all the balconies to stop jumpers.

Apples own inspectors found fewer than a third of factories obeyed overtime rules. They also found 91 children working worldwide last year.

And a probe into the suicides by two international watchdogs uncovered the no-suicide pledge staff had to sign and the shocking extent of compulsory overtime.

The Centre for Research on Multinational Companies and the human rights group SACOM Students And Scholars Against Corporate Misbehaviour both accuse Apples contractors of treating workers like machines. SACOM official Leontien Aarnoudse said: They work excessive overtime for a salary they can hardly live on and are inhumanely treated. Conditions are harsh and they don't have a social life. Their life is just working in a factory and that is it.

And investigators said Fox- conn reacted to the wave of suicides by calling in monks to exorcise evil spirits.

Production of iPhones and iPads in Chengdu and Shenzhen is round-the-clock with staff working up to 12 hours a day, six days a week. On top of the basic week workers are made to do 12 hours overtime and some staff work as many as 72 hours a week way over Chinas legal limit. Yet Apples code of conduct for suppliers says: Except in emergency or unusual situations, a work-week shall be restricted to 60 hours, including overtime.

All overtime shall be voluntary. Under no circumstances shall work-weeks exceed the maximum permitted under applicable laws and regulations.

But one worker told the watchdogs demand for the first iPad was so intense staff often had to put in seven-day weeks.

Foxconn boss Louis Woo confirmed workers had to do excessive overtime but insisted the suicides were unrelated.

He said: There was a copy effect if one commits suicide, others will follow.

And Apple insisted it was committed to the highest standards of social responsibility.