Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recent UFO Sightings / Reports / Updates - 9/28/2010

Our friend Sam from New Zealand has come up with few new sightings. He states: These two pictures showed 7 invisible UFO light balls arranged in a straight line formation. One was captured on year 2007, with a shutter speed of 1/800 of a second. one on 27 Sept 2010 with a shutter speed of 1/1000 of a second. Looks like those UFO light balls are not less than 30 cm in diameter.

**********

MUFON CMS - PA Turnpike near Valley Forge, PA - 9/26/2010 - (unedited): I was driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike around 10:15pm just a few minutes away from the Conshohocken Exit When I noticed an unusual craft smoothly and quietly gliding across the sky from the front the front left of my car. It appeared to be either black or a very dark grey color and in the shape of an elongated diamond. The longer tips were pointing towards the front and rear of the craft. At the rear under belly of the craft were three large lights in the formation of a triangle and at the front tip of the craft were smaller lights that seemed scattered. The smaller lights were hard to make out from the angle and short amount of time I had to observe the object. I watched the craft gracefully fly across the turnpike in front of me and then head to the right and back of my car as I continued driving. One thing I noticed before I lost sight of the UFO was that the back right light ( one of the three in the triangle formation) was abruptly shut off, leaving only two lights at the rear. This was right before the craft appeared to descend in its flight and that's when I lost view ( and almost crashed my car) Oh and all the lights appeared to be white in color. When I first noticed the craft I thought it must be some new type of military airplane or something but the odd triangular shape of the lights and the fact that none of them were blinking or red tipped me off that this was unusual. Also I have never seen a flying object that had no wings or propellers, like I said, the shorter tips of the diamond shape were pointing to the sides. Also it is hard to explain but the way it flew was eerie, smooth, graceful, seemingly silent and quick, the flying pattern had a slight curve to the right but mostly it just headed straight on. I pulled out my cellphone to take a pic but didn't get much of a shot, instead of fiddling with my phone to try again I decided to abort the effort and just stare at it for as long as possible, I would have pulled over if it were safe but there were plenty of cars on the road zipping around me ( I had slowed down and drove a bit recklessly) I would be very surprised if none of the other cars on the road noticed this peculiar flying object. I can't really explain how I felt, part of me was excited but I wasn't scared ( which is how I always thought I would feel if I saw a UFO) I know it was definitely a UFO but I'm not so sure it was extraterrestrial. I have never seen any craft look or fly the way this one did but at the same time something felt "human" I mean it was so OBVIOUS and didn't look like it was trying to be stealth at all... anyway that's it, the craft looked like it was flying lower and lower and was lost behind a bunch of trees and the hills to the right of my car. I got to my exit and stared at the sky for the rest of the drive home hoping to catch another glimpse.

**********

Prof. Ana Luisa Cid has posted images of unidentified flying objects reported during Mexico's military parade commemorating Mexico's bicentennial.

**********


MUFON CMS - 9/23/2010 - Egg shaped, multi-colored object near Canal Winchester, Ohio on Rt. 33  - (unedited): At exactly 7:32PM on September 23, 2010, I was traveling northbound on Rt. 33 between Carrol and Canal Winchester (One tenth of a mile before the Hill/Dilely Road Exit), when I spotted the object. The object caught my eye out of the 10'Oclock position (NNW-North Northwest). It was in plain sight maneuvering in an unfixed pattern, about 200' off the ground. It appeared to be located about 500' west of the Hill/Diley Rd exit bridge, hovering over an empty field and partially the road.
The object itself was unlike anything I have ever seen. It was sort of egg shaped, without wings or other definition. However the luminosity of the object was the most prominent characteristic. When I first sighted it, the object was an extremely bright (mega-led bright) blue. After a few seconds, it gradually faded into an equally bright red color. It was NOT the standard blue and red lights of FAA regulations common on all commercial/private aircraft. These lights were extremely bright and the source of the colored light encompassed the ENTIRE object.
I estimate the object's size as being relatively small at about less than 4 feet in diameter. It never changed shape, morphed into individual lights nor did it have any dimensional shape. It hovered in a gliding pattern, lowering its altitude, however I never seen it land. I had direct visual contact with object for about 10-12 seconds max. I actually pulled the car onto the highway berm and came to a 5-10MPH crawl, in order to soak in what I was seeing. Other traffic (10-15 additional vehicles) going in both North and South directions on Rt. 33, did not seem to be affected by the object (No one else stopped of slowed down).
The weather was partly cloudy, dry and the lighting was dusk.
I might also add that 10 minutes prior to the sighting, I noticed an unusual amount of increased outgoing air-traffic originating from Rickenbacker Air Base, located about 6 miles to the West from the sighting location. I saw several (5-7) separate large cargo aircraft depart the air base within a 5 minute span. This occurred 10 minutes or so before I was even in the area of the sighting.
In closing, I have never seen anything unusual in the sky before. I am a fairly avid astronomy buff and am constantly looking into the night sky. This was certainly an event/object I can't seem to get a grasp on. I'm not sure if I really believe that extraterrestrial aliens are visiting the earth. I lean towards "No" due to the immense distances between even the closest stars, however after seeing this object, I am close to at LEAST believing that the object I saw is beyond what mankind can/has produced.

**********



Click for video


Click for video

tucsoncitzen - On the night of September 23rd, residents of Tucson saw strange lights in the sky. Various eyewitnesses reported 3-5 lights in a line, while others reported an object with a triangular shape.

Reports of malfunctions started at the same time as the object flew overhead in a northwesterly path. Reports of interrupted satellite television transmissions were reported as the object flew over homes. Traffic lights were seen flickering at an intersection near Star Pass Blvd as the object passed overhead. A report of an elevator malfunction was reported.

All just a coincidence? Maybe.

One eyewitness tried to document the object on video camera, only to realize that his batteries were dead.

Calls began to flood the newsroom about the strange sight, which witnesses insist was not a plane. This is a city that sees planes and helicopters so many times a day that the residents are immune to them, barring the noise they make. The Tucson airspace is shared between the busy Tucson International Airport and the active Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Law enforcement takes to the air, as well as medical personnel on life saving flights to and from local hospitals. Tucson residents are all too familiar with the sight of planes, helicopters and military flares.

News anchor Dan Marries was quick to begin collecting eyewitness accounts. He used Twitter to spread the news, as well as his Facebook page and the KOLD Facebook page, to document real-time eyewitness accounts. Calls about the object kept pouring in to the newsroom at the same time. KOLD staffers began to call everyone from Davis-Monthan to the Department of Public Safety to get answers, which no one seemed to have.

At the same time, Tucsonan Sheila Martin was immune to the news of the UFO, as she sat outside of her apartment to document any objects in the night sky. This is a long-time nightly hobby for Martin, who knows what planes, helicopters and flares look like, as well.

By 10:00 pm, Dan Marries and meteorologist “Chief” Chuck George discussed the incident, which Chief Chuck said was not a weather anomaly.

With the exception of Sheila Martin’s video, no other videos have publicly surfaced at this time to document the object witnessed by so many. Martin’s video of the night sky indicates an object, which many eyewitnesses say does not match what they saw. However, some of the witnesses looked beyond the object. They noticed an orange light or two in the background that do seem to match.

It should be noted that Martin did not submit the video to local news agencies. Instead, the link was taken from her YouTube page, as the time of her video was shot matched the time of the event.

A photo circulating around the UFO community as the UFO should be discounted. While checking on the original photo on a local woman’s Facebook page, it was noted in the comment section that the photo uploaded on September 23rd was a shot of the moon. Only later was there a light-hearted note in the comment section that the photo was taken on the same night of the Tucson UFO sighting. Somehow, the photo began to circulate as a photo of the UFO.

Ironically, the event occurred a week after posting my helpful article about what to do if you see a UFO. My readership is largely non-Tucson based.

With a lack of submitted photo and video evidence at this time, there are only the eyewitness accounts to go on. There are many full eyewitness accounts, which have been pieced together on my computer to create a detailed time line of events.

I have, for now, pieced together a brief synopsis of the evening’s events, as new accounts are still coming in:

The object was spotted early in the evening, with the earliest eyewitness account coming from the Green Valley area. If others saw it south of there, they haven’t come forward yet. It was seen in southwest Tucson with most of the reports coming from that region (Pima College West, Starr Pass, the intersection of Ajo and Kinney), before it continued north toward rural Marana. Accounts varied between either a line of 3 to 8 lights, or triangular-shaped craft, depending on the vantage point and proximity. By the time it reached rural Marana, there were reports of military planes in the vicinity of the lights, as if the military were involved an exercise, or perhaps they were investigating the lights. The military has not verified these accounts and also denied flights in the area. The air traffic eventually cleared from the area with two military helicopters circling the lights in the sky.

Perhaps a military exercise is all that it was.

It should be noted, at this point, that not one eyewitness has made the correlation between the object and extraterrestrials. A UFO is a flying object that is viewed by a witness or witnesses, who cannot positively identify the object as something like a plane, kite, flare, planet, helicopter, etc.

Witnesses stated that it was not identifiable as any of those things. If it was one of those things, no one has come forward yet with proof that it was one of those things. It is a UFO until it can be identified as something concrete.

It’s probably one of those things that will remain a mystery.

Recent UFO Sightings / Reports / Updates - 9/28/2010