Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MUFON: Reports of Odd Encounters

MUFON CMS - Barnstaple, Devonshire, UK - 2/8/2008: I was getting a cup of coffee from my kitchen which looks out over the East of the town. I live on the top floor and have lived here for over 6 years and am well aware of what sorts of things I'm likely to see in the skies over town. There is a local hospital that gets visits from the air ambulance several times a week and also a local police helicopter that is bright red and instantly recognisable. A few miles away there is a training camp which used to be an airfield and rescue helicopters are still based there. I mention these because I am well aware of what a helicopter looks like and have seen aircraft of all types close up and from a distance. My eyesight is also excellent for my age (48).

At 9:30am on the 8th of February 2008 as I stood waiting for the kettle to boil for a cup of coffee, I witnessed a strange object pass over town from the South on a Northerly heading. The object appeared to be only a few hundred feet above ground level and was almost at eye-level. It was a clear sunny morning & I was instantly confused by what I was looking at, as it didn't look like a bird or a helicopter or anything instantly recognisable, so I opened the window to listen, but heard nothing but the usual morning traffic in town.

As I watched it seemed to shift its shape almost like a coiled up worm or snake tied in a knot, but it didn't get any bigger or anything. It was dark in colour, almost black/grey and when it moved like that I got the distinct feeling I was looking at a creature not a craft. As it got past town I noticed that there seemed to be something under it and I watched as it went over a hill.

Once I couldn't see it anymore I went to the front of the property to see if it was in sight but it had gone. The entire incident had lasted no more than 30 or 40 seconds and I was left very puzzled as to what I'd just seen.

On reflection about half an hour later I saw a helicopter pass at the same angle of view from my kitchen and it struck me that what I had seen earlier was either very big or had been much closer to me than I initially thought. If it had been an aircraft on the same heading, it would have been about 10 times as big as the RAF rescue helicopters. If it was closer then it was still bigger than a London bus and yet there was no obvious sound coming from it when I had opened the window. Nobody else I know saw it but it was all over very quickly in about 30-40 seconds and if I had been pouring my coffee I would have missed the entire episode.

I could do a sketch if necessary as I am an artist, but all I would draw would be a dark blob like a dark knot changing shape (like a writhing snake) with an odd hazy area underneath it.

----------

MUFON CMS - Kentucky - 11/10/2008: This sounds crazy I know! The weirdest thing happened I go running about 4 times a week I run to the top of a mountain and pray. Well I noticed an object in the sky a red light very fast I thought it was a comet until it stopped above me and started getting closer. I closed my eyes for maybe 3 seconds and when I opened them I was shocked there someone was in front of me. I thought it may be someone else out hiking or something he looked normal so I asked him does he see that. He told me he came out of it I laughed thinking he was joking. He told me he needed my help with something that only I could help him with I told him he was crazy. I told him aliens don't exist but he didn't call himself an alien he called himself something else at first he wasn't even speaking in English. He asked me what did he have to do to prove he was an alien I was joking and said make fire come out of your hands I didn't think it was possible I must be going crazy because I swear I seen fire. I screamed he grabbed my mouth and said I'm not here to hurt you I need your help.Being afraid I asked him what was it he needed,he told me some crazy story about him and his brother and that I knew where his brother was and where his brothers spear was. It is crazy but I had a dream about his brother before but I don't know him just the name. Before he could finish talking to me something else came out of the forest except it didn't look like us it was pale skinned, no hair, great athletic condition,eyes so dark I have never seen that color black before it wasn't very tall either maybe 4.5ft maximum. They started fighting the next thing I know I'm knocked down and when I raise up there both gone. The one that I first talked to though didn't look nothing like the other it looked like us and it had a sword that when it hit a tree as he swung at the other and it fell over it went straight threw. There is more but to much to go over here I think I may be going crazy. Please one of you that work here please contact me and tell me I am going crazy. I am very afraid.

----------

MUFON CMS - 1/16/11: Last night we were driving from San Luis Obispo, California, traveling North on Highway 101. There were four of us, two boys, two girls. All between the ages of 15 and 18. Our intentions were to turn East at Florence towards Eugene, our final destination. It was late night past the middle of November, 1967. It was foggy and we had been behind a logging truck since somewhere near the border of California. The road is winding as it follows along the Coast, with sharp drop-offs to the Ocean on the left side and steep hillside on the right. We stayed behind for so long because there was no safe place to pass and no turn-offs. We grew weary and our driver finally decided to risk it. Just as we were on the left-side (the ocean-side) of the log-truck, a blinding bright light shown into the windshield of the car from directly in front. I was in the front seat. I was certain it was another log-truck and we were going to die. But then, all of a sudden, we were parked alongside a small gas station in a small town. There was a Woman there. We were very disoriented and asked where we were. Somehow we were 60 miles farther up the road. With the road conditions, that would have been two hours of driving time. We couldn't understand how the truck that we were passing just disappeared. We were confused and wondered what had happened because we KNEW that SOMETHING out of the ordinary had occurred but we didn't know WHAT. In the third week of August 1968, the girl who had been in the back seat gave birth to a healthy baby. And a week later the other girl did.

-----------

MUFON CMS - Saskatchewan, Canada: This account was relayed to me by my father. Please let me make it clear that my father was not a story teller, very seldom did he talk about his life unless asked. He called me one day in the early 90's, him calling me was odd in and of it's self, as I was the one that called him usually. His voice seemed different, tense, then out of the blue he said he had some thing to tell me, I got rather concerned as there was an urgency in his voice that I had " never " heard before. He proceeded to tell me about an event that took place near Pike Lake Sask. Can. at my Grandparents place. He and his brother Paul were sitting around the kitchen table just talking passing time, killing the after noon together when they decided they would head outside and putts around in the yard, as they headed out the back door my uncle Paul in the lead and my father close behind, Paul stepped into a "bright " light that was coming from above and my father was frozen in the door way, literally. He said he tried to move but was unable to, he stood there and watched as his brother carried on a conversation with what ever was up there as his gaze was fixed up at the source of the light. Dad said he was not speaking in any language that he could recognize. He (dad) had no idea how long they were there for. When the light left he fell forward through the doorway, and asked his brother "what the hell just happened, and who the hell were you talking too"? His brother just turned around looking at him like 'he' was crazy as he didn't know what he was talking about. His brother had no memory of what had just happened, and left my father with the heavy burden of keeping the secret because who would believe him. He followed that up with another event that took place on that same property but to my grandfather some years before that. After he was done I could hear the relief in his voice, and we never talked about it again. I myself am sure I saw what I would call UFO's back in the 70's, so I didn't write my dad off as a nut. I have great respect for my father, and only known him to be a man of his word. I happen to be channel surfing and caught an episode of MUFON on the ID channel, and something triggered the memory and I thought I would share it. If you are interested I can relay the rest pertaining to my grandfather. I am not much of a typer, and would prefer an actual conversation. Thank you for your time, Regards


Have you had a close encounter or witnessed something unusual?
Send us an email


'Phantoms and Monsters' - Now Available on Kindle



New Items - Strickler's Celebrity Autographs


Photobucket
ANOMALIST BOOKS
Works on maverick science, unexplained mysteries, unorthodox theories, strange talents, and unexpected discoveries. Please check out their excellent and diverse catalog



The 'C' Influence
Actualizing Esoteric Discussion


Become a fan of 'Phantoms and Monsters' at Facebook
Photobucket



"The latest news from beyond the mainstream"
Join Ben & Aaron for their weekly podcast!
Check out Mysterious Universe Plus+ all access format!


Photobucket
Spirit Rescue International
Providing no-cost professional spiritual help, personal support and guidance
Take the first step towards genuine peace of mind

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK


Join the
Phantoms & Monsters Wiki
A NETWORK OF INVESTIGATORS, ENTHUSIASTS AND THOSE SEEKING THE TRUTH
THROUGH PARANORMAL EDUCATION AND DISCUSSION



Astral Perceptions - Discussion of interterrestrial and multidimensional phenomena including
conversations on the proficiency of remote viewing


PHANTOMS AND MONSTERS
SUPPLY BASE

Buy alternative supplies and gifts
CLICK HERE!



Photobucket